Honors Algebra 1
In the honors course, students will do in-depth study, problem-solving, and application of algebraic concepts.
Honors Algebra 1 (semester A) introduces students to the world of Algebra through expressions and equations. Students will evaluate algebraic expressions, solve linear equations, and graph them. This course also steers students through various real-world scenarios with the emphasis on using basic statistics to interpret the information given and found.
Students learn through online lesson materials, videos, and interactive activities. The end of each unit tests students’ understanding with a self-check quiz with feedback. Also included is a unit exam and project for students to apply what they have learned. Teacher feedback is provided throughout the semester.
Honors Algebra 1 (semester B) builds on the concepts learned in the first semester by providing a strong foundation in solving problems. Students will work with problems and applications that involve exponents, quadratic equations, polynomials and factoring methods, rational and radical equations, data analysis and probability.
Students will interact with course materials through online lessons, videos, interactive questions and real-world applications.
Each unit ends with a self-check quiz to confirm knowledge of the concepts learned. There is also a unit exam and project. Teacher feedback is given throughout the course.
- Internet Access
- Word Processor
- Email Access
- Graphing Calculator (we do provide an alternative free option via the Internet)
- Algebraic Expressions
- Operations with Real Numbers
- Properties of Real Numbers
- Basic Statistics Measures
- Solving Simple and Multi-Step Equations
- Linear Functions and Graphs
- Solving Inequality Equations
- Exponents and Scientific Notation
- Arithmetic and Geometric Sequences
- Operations with Polynomials
- Systems of Equations
- Factoring Polynomials
- Quadratic Functions and Graphs
- Higher-Order Polynomials
- Data Analysis and Probability
- Exponential and Radical Equations
- Rational Functions and Equations