EFFECTIVE DATE: January 1, 2021
Please review the following statement to understand how the information you provide to Accelerate Education through our websites will be treated.
- Personal Information Accelerate Education Collects
We collect the categories and types of “Personal Information.”
- Contact and Demographic Information: We collect your contact and demographic information including, but not limited to, your name, city and state, e-mail address, and age range, your home contact information, school contact information, gender, parent/guardian contact information.
- Other Identifying Information: We collect other identifying information including IP address and cookies or other persistent online identifiers, user names, passwords and other security information for authentication and access.
- Financial Information. If you are paying with a credit card, we also will collect certain financial information including your credit card or debit card number and billing information to process your payment.
- Internet or Other Electronic Activity. Your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our Website and Services and which elements of our Website and Services you use the most.
- Audio and Visual Information. A video or audio file containing your image and voice.
- Free Text. Note that we may collect other Personal Information that you choose to provide in a free-text entry box as part of any content that you contribute to the Services. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes available to the instructor and other students participating in the Services, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information.
- Sources of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- We collect information directly from you. When you register for the Services we collect contact and demographic information directly from you. We also collect financial information from you. We also collect any information you disclose in a chat room, forum, message board or news group available when you use the Services.
- We collect information from you from third parties. In some cases, the institution funding your participation in the course or digital curriculum (the “Sponsoring Institution”) may provide additional Personal Information about you to us.
- We collect information about you passively. We collect internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described in the Cookies section below.
- What Accelerate Education Does with the Information it Collects
We use your Personal Information for the following categories of use:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, financial information, and demographic information to:
- Receive, process, confirm and communicate with you about your registration; and
- Provide you with the Services
- Analytical Purposes: We use your other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, demographic information, and internet or other electronic activity to:
- Inform you of our new services and offers;
- Provide you with other information from and about us, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of the Website and Services: We use your contact information and internet activity and browsing history to:
- Provide you with the Website and Services, including to send you alerts about your account;
- Handle your customer service requests; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Website and the Services
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, financial information and internet activity and browsing history to protect the Website and Services, Accelerate Education and others, and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- Categories of Third Parties We Share Personal Information With
If you are a student, your grades in the Accelerate Education courses will be reported to your mentor and your school or Sponsoring Institution. We may share other Personal Information with a Sponsoring Institution if you specifically authorize it, or it is required to complete a transaction, service or activity that you requested.
We may share Personal Information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with Accelerate Education.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of our company or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
We use Google Analytics on the Site and Services to analyze how users use the Site and Services, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- Managing Your Information Preferences
- Be Careful When You Share Information with Others
Please be aware that whenever you share information on any public area of the Website or Services, that information may be accessed by others. In addition, please remember that when you share information in any other communications with third parties, that information may be passed along or made public by others. This means that anyone with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications.
All of your personal information is stored on servers at a location designed specifically to ensure that no unauthorized individuals have access to the server or its data. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Website or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Website or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
- Privacy of Children
Accelerate Education‘s policy is to limit the collection of personal information from children. The Website is intended for users who are 18 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 (or under the age of 18 if the child is located in the EU) without parental consent. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 (or under the age of 18 if the child is located in the EU) without parental consent, we will delete such information.
Children ages 12 and under (or children under 18 if located in the EU) will not be allowed to register for or use the Services without their parent’s permission. Parents of children under the age of 13 (or under age of 18 if located within the EU) must provide us with a signed version of our parental notice and consent form available at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/a1439b4573e849d0984402ee4bea1677.
If at any time after a parent gives permission, the parent desires to review the child’s personal information, request that it be deleted or refuse to allow any further collection of the child’s information, the parent may contact us or the school’s representative for Accelerate Education. If a parent has any other questions regarding the child’s use of his or her account, the may contact the school’s representative or Accelerate Education directly at our contact information provided below.
California users under the age of 18 may request the removal of their content or information publicly posted on the Website or Services by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accelerate Education does not:
- Collect more information from children than is reasonably necessary for them to participate in the Services;
- Entice children, by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity, to provide more information than is necessary to participate in the Services; or
- Share any personal information about children with third parties except as expressly provided herein.
- Access to Your Information
Accelerate Education offers users the ability to correct or change the information collected during registration. Users may change this information at any time and as often as necessary by e-mailing email@example.com (mailto:support @accelerate.education).
- Processing in the United States
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using the Website or Services, you are agreeing to the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
- Special Notice to California Residents/Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA Rights”). This Section describes those rights and how you can exercise them with our Company.
CCPA Rights Requests
Right to Know
You can request what Personal Information we have collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
You can request the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
You can also request the following categories of information:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared Personal Information.
Right to Deletion
You can also request that we delete your Personal Information. We may not delete all of your Personal Information if one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect and prevent data security incidents;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e. to improve our services).
We will also maintain a record of your CCPA Rights requests.
Please note that if we delete your Personal Information, some of our services will not work the same. For example, your previous opt out requests will not be saved and saved preferences and information will no longer be available.
Exercising your Rights:
To exercise your right to know or delete your Personal Information, submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 866-705-5575;
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or sending your request to
- Accelerate Education
3655 W Anthem Way
Anthem, AZ 85086
Your verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient identifying information (including full name, postal address, and email address) to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected and retained Personal Information, and/or your authority to make such request on behalf of the data subject, and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Note that we will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request or to review and comply with the request.
You may authorize someone to act as your agent and submit a request on your behalf. Due to the sensitivity of such requests, you must verify the agent’s authorization before we will act. Accordingly:
- You or your agent must supply written permission for a specific agent to act on your behalf; and
- We will use your email address to connect directly with you to verify agent identity and authority.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm with a level of confidence appropriate to the sensitivity of the information that the Personal Information we have collected and retained in our systems and databases relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us, but if you have an account with us, we may require you to log-in to such account in order to verify your identity or authority or to provide or delete your information.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Personal Information that We Sell
We do not currently “sell” your Personal Information, as that term is defined under the CCPA.
Right to Opt Out of Sale
California residents have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties, as “sale” is defined under CCPA.
Please note that Accelerate Education does not presently share personal information within the meaning of “sale.” However, if you would like to opt out of the “sale” of your personal information as permitted under CCPA in the event we do “sell” personal information in the future, you can do so and we will keep a record of this request.
To submit a request to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information, please email us at email@example.com. You must use “California Opt Out from Sale” in the subject line of your email and provide us with your full name and email address. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf, you must send a signed, written authorization containing your first name, last name, email address, and phone number to:
3655 W Anthem Way
Anthem, AZ 85086
You can also call us toll free at 866-705-5575 to submit your request by phone. You must provide us with all of the information set forth above in any such request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA Rights and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your CCPA Rights.
We may offer various financial incentives. The terms of the financial incentive will be presented to you at the time you sign up. You may withdraw from any of the financial incentives by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by unsubscribing to our email marketing by vising our Website. The value of your data is the value of the offer presented to you. We have calculated the value of the incentive by using the expense related to the offer.
- Special Notice to EU Users — Your Rights and Choices
The data controller for the Website and Services is:
3655 W Anthem Way
Anthem, AZ 85086
You may have certain rights under EU data protection legislation with respect to your Personal Information, such as the right to:
- request access to and be provided with information on the processing of your Personal Information;
- request corrections of your Personal Information if such Personal Information proves inaccurate or incomplete;
- object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes or to any processing which we would have based on our legitimate interest (e.g. profiling);
- receive Personal Information which you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit it to another provider provided it is processed based on your consent or our contract; and
- lodge a complaint with your relevant data protection authority.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal information listed above is as follows:
- As necessary for the performance of the contract between us to provide you with the Services you requested or which we consider as legitimate interest:
- Operating our business;
- Contacting you to respond to your requests or inquiries and provide customer support;
- Contacting you about, programs, products, or services that we believe may be of interest to you, new product or service announcements, savings awards, or event invitations;
- Providing you with personally tailored programs, promotional information, offers, and other information;
- Conducting market research, surveys, and similar inquiries to help us understand trends and customer needs across product categories or customer groups;
- Creating, improving and developing our Services;
- Allowing you to create and maintain profiles, analyzing your interactions with us, presenting customized offers, and improving our Services, programs, and other offerings;
- Evaluating your experience or existing Services, or to create new items;
- Preventing, investigating, or providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, or unauthorized access to or use of Personal Information, our Website or data systems; or to meet legal obligations;
- Investigating and resolving disputes and security issues and enforcing other agreements; and
- Any other lawful, legitimate business purpose.
Based on your voluntary consent, we may:
- Contact you about programs, products, or services that we believe may be of interest to you, new product or service announcements, savings awards, or event invitations.
Regarding the transfer of Personal Information to countries outside the EU, we have entered, or will enter, into so-called “Standard Contractual Clauses” approved by the Commission of the European Union for international transfer of personal information to controllers or processors established in third counties as the case may be, when appropriate.
The principle that we apply is that your Personal Information will be deleted when they are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected.
- Contact Accelerate Education
If you have any question s about this privacy statement or this Website please contact us electronically through email@example.com or write to:
3655 W Anthem Way
Anthem, AZ 85086
In the event that you are concerned about how data you have provided Accelerate Education through the Website or the Services has been used, please contact us electronically firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the postal address listed above. Accelerate Education takes all concerns about privacy and use of data very seriously, and shall endeavor to reply to you within two business days to commence its investigation of your concerns.