Understanding the tools available opens the possibilities to create images with impact. In Digital Photography, students will study the history of photography as well as the basic operation of a digital camera. As they are introduced to different styles of photography and photographers, students will begin to develop artistic skills as well as their own voice through their photographs.
9 – 12
Digital camera (tripod, lenses, lights optional), paper, scissors, glue, access to photo manipulation software
- History: Study the history of photography, the impact of photography on historical events and the development of photography equipment.
- Movements: Analyze art movements through the photography lens including Expressionism, Dada and Surrealism.
- Design elements: Explore different techniques, design elements and the Rule of Thirds.
- Equipment: Understand equipment used in photography including point-and-shoot cameras, 35mm cameras, lights, lenses, accessories and software.
- Projects: Create a mixed media project and a personal photography portfolio using acquired best practices.
- Artists: Study the styles and portfolios of well-known professional photographers.