Basic Web Design
Contact us to learn more about our online Basic Web Design course.
In this course, students will learn how to design a beautiful and functional website. Students will learn how to take their design and translate it into a live website using Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) programing languages. HTML5 and CSS3 will be the standard versions used in the class. Students will understand design components of websites, including the use of color, layout and when to use different techniques, typography rules, and the importance of imagery. At the conclusion of the course, students will present a website to the class. Upon completion of this course, each student will have hands-on experience creating a fully functioning website.
Students do not need to have a previous technical background with HTML or CSS prior to taking this course.
9 – 12
Students will need a computer or laptop for this course; tablets are not sufficient.
- Internet Navigation
- Word Processing
- Email Communication
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize and understand HTML web page elements
- Know how to write basic HTML code
- Understand and apply effective web design principles
- Enhance web pages using text formatting, color, graphics, images, and multimedia
- Understand and apply CSS to format web page elements
- Apply accessibility standards
- Plan, design, and publish a multi-page website