Digital Savvy A & B
Contact us to learn more about our computer usage course, digital savvy.
Digital Savvy is a one-year (two-semester) course covering required topics in most introductory “Information Technology” classes. Students should have minimal computer usage skills (e.g. keyboarding, mouse, and operating system navigation) prior to starting this course.
The course material is designed to appeal to a variety of students, from traditional learners who thrive on written text to audio-visual students who enjoy a multi-media format. All content is delivered through an online system that allows students to work seamlessly both in the classroom and at home.
Every chapter contains one or more hands-on activities that allow students to practice and demonstrate understanding of the lesson topics. A Windows or Mac OS computer is required for completion of the hands-on activities.
6 – 8
This course requires a computer with the Windows or Mac operating systems.
In order to complete hands-on projects, students will use a computer with one of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Mac OS version 10.7 or higher
This course covers fundamental computing topics and skills such as:
- Hardware, software, and operating systems
- Managing files and folders
- Basic networking
- Online safety and computer security
- Using Word processors, spreadsheets, and presentation programs
- Creating simple databases
- Image editing
- Using social media and email communications
- Introductory website design
- Simple computer programming concepts
- Exploration of computing careers